Stellaluna & Other Tales
Auditions for Stellaluna & Other Tales will take place in January. The show will run the weekends of March 25-25 and March 30-31, with additional daytime performances for school groups on March 28 and 29. The director is Emily Gifford and the choreographer is Jessica Adams.
Audition dates and times:
- Saturday, January 20, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Monday, January 22, from 6 to 8 p.m.
About the show: This one-hour show is based on the popular Stellaluna children’s books by Janell Cannon.
Roles for: Seven adults. High school students are welcome to audition, but there are no children’s roles.
To audition: Please prepare a 16- to 32-bar vocal selection and bring sheet music for the accompanist — no CDs. The song choice is up to you. Although this is not a dance-heavy show, we will do some movement exercises, so please wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
General audition information
- Most Croswell shows rehearse for about six weeks. You will be asked to list any conflicts on your audition form.
- If you are auditioning for a musical, be prepared to sing a song — bring sheet music for the pianist, no CDs. The song choice is up to you; although it can be helpful to sing something in the style of the show you’re auditioning for, the most important thing is to prepare a piece you feel comfortable with. If you get cut off after 16 or 32 bars, don’t worry — it’s normal for that to happen in auditions and does not mean you won’t get a callback or be in the show.
- Also for musicals, be prepared to dance — wear or bring shoes you can dance in, with loose, comfortable clothing.
- You can expect to be at auditions for at least an hour, possibly two.
- The Croswell’s artistic team is committed to flexible, imaginative casting. Performers of all backgrounds and ethnicities are encouraged to participate. Reasonable accommodations will be made for anyone with special needs.
- For more information about auditions, call 517-263-6868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Croswell productions are cast locally with open auditions. If you would like to receive notices about upcoming auditions, please sign up for our auditions mailing list.