Auditions for Ragtime
Auditions for Ragtime will take place on:
- Saturday, June 2, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Monday, June 4, from 6-8 p.m.
Callbacks will take place the evening of June 10, beginning at 5:40 p.m.
About the show
This Tony Award-winning musical tells the story of life in early 20th-century America through the eyes of an upper-class suburban family, a group of recent Jewish immigrants from eastern Europe, and an African-American musician in Harlem. It includes a rich variety of roles for actors of all ages. Its critically acclaimed 1998 debut was followed by a 2009 Broadway revival. The Croswell is proud to be bringing this spectacular and inspiring story of struggle and hope to our stage!
The creative team is:
- Director: Deb Calabrese
- Music Director: Todd Schreiber
- Choreographer: Dom Glover
Rehearsal commitment: Beginning approximately August 13.
Performance dates: September 21-30.
General audition information
- Most Croswell shows rehearse for about six weeks. You will be asked to list any conflicts on your audition form.
- If you are auditioning for a musical, be prepared to sing a song — bring sheet music for the pianist, no CDs. The song choice is up to you; although it can be helpful to sing something in the style of the show you’re auditioning for, the most important thing is to prepare a piece you feel comfortable with. If you get cut off after 16 or 32 bars, don’t worry — it’s normal for that to happen in auditions and does not mean you won’t get a callback or be in the show.
- Also for musicals, be prepared to dance — wear or bring shoes you can dance in, with loose, comfortable clothing.
- You can expect to be at auditions for at least an hour, possibly two.
- The Croswell’s artistic team is committed to flexible, imaginative casting. Performers of all backgrounds and ethnicities are encouraged to participate. Reasonable accommodations will be made for anyone with special needs.
- For more information about auditions, call 517-263-6868 or email email@example.com.
Have more questions? This blog post might answer some of them.
Can’t make it to auditions? Although attending in person is preferred, if you are unable to make any of the audition times, please email John MacNaughton at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about setting up a video audition.
All Croswell productions are cast locally with open auditions. If you would like to receive notices about upcoming auditions, please sign up for our auditions mailing list.