Upcoming audition dates
Auditions for Godspell, the Croswell’s annual all-area high school musical, will take place in October. The show will run from January 27 to February 4, and is directed by Michael Yuen, who played John the Baptist and Judas in the 2000-2001 national tour of the show. The music director is Dave Rains and the choreographer is Jessica Adams.
Audition dates and times:
- Sunday, October 22, from 6-8 p.m.
- Saturday, October 28, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Location: Croswell Opera House, 129 E. Maumee St., Adrian, MI 49221
General audition information
- This is the Croswell’s all-area high school production. You must currently be in 9th through 12th grade to audition. Students from all districts as well as homeschool students are welcome.
- The show will rehearse for about eight weeks, with breaks for school vacations. You will be asked to list any conflicts on your audition form.
- Be prepared to sing a song — bring sheet music for the pianist, no CDs. The song choice is up to you; although it can be helpful to sing something in the style of the show you’re auditioning for, the most important thing is to prepare a piece you feel comfortable with. If you get cut off after 16 or 32 bars, don’t worry — it’s normal for that to happen in auditions and does not mean you won’t get a callback or be in the show.
- Be prepared to dance — wear or bring shoes you can dance in, with loose, comfortable clothing.
- You can expect to be at auditions for at least an hour, possibly two.
- The Croswell’s artistic team is committed to flexible, imaginative casting. Performers of all backgrounds and ethnicities are encouraged to participate. Reasonable accommodations will be made for anyone with special needs.
- For more information about auditions, call 517-263-6868 or email email@example.com.
All Croswell productions are cast locally with open auditions. If you would like to receive notices about upcoming auditions, please sign up for our auditions mailing list.