Following is a list of available roles in the Croswell’s upcoming production of Ragtime. Auditions are June 2 and June 4. For audition details, please click here.
- Mother: A strong, kind woman who defies social norms to do the things she feels are right. Adult; caucasian; vocal range G3 to E5.
- Sarah: A washerwoman who is adopted into Mother’s home when Mother finds Sarah’s baby in the garden. Adult; African-American; vocal range G3 to F5.
- Sarah’s Friend: A friend of Sarah’s who attends her funeral. Adult; African-American; D3 to D5.
- Emma Goldman: A Russian-born radical anarchist in early 1900s New York City. Adult; caucasian; vocal range E3 to D5.
- Evelyn Nesbit: A beautiful vaudeville performer, famous for the murder of her high-profile lover by her rich husband. Adult; caucasian; vocal range B3 to D5.
- Coalhouse Walker: A proud, sophisticated African-American man who fights to live within his social boundaries and then rebels against them when even that is not good enough. Adult; vocal range G3 to B5.
- Booker T. Washington: The dominant figure in the African-American community of the United States at the turn of the century. Adult; vocal range C4 to E5.
- Father: Rich; conservative; staunch in his ways but not intentionally unkind. Adult; vocal range A3 to F5.
- Grandfather: Mother’s conservative father. A retired professor; irritated by everything. Adult.
- Henry Ford: An American industrialist and founder of the Ford Motor Company. Adult; vocal range D4 to F5.
- Harry Houdini: The famous magician who immigrated to America and made a name for himself largely as an escape artist. Adult; vocal range C4 to G5.
- J.P. Morgan: The rich, famous financier. Adult.
- Tateh: A Latvian immigrant who dreams of the “American Dream” for himself and his daughter. Adult; vocal range A3 to F5.
- Willie Conklin: A racist volunteer fireman who destroys Coalhouse’s car. Adult; vocal range D4 to F5.
- Younger Brother: Mother’s younger brother who has his heart broken by Evelyn Nesbit and joins Coalhouse in his protests towards discrimination. He is a young man in search of something. Adult; vocal range B3 to F5.
- Little Girl: Tateh’s daughter, a young Latvian girl in a new home. Vocal range: C4 to D5.
- Little Boy: Mother and Father’s son, who is the narrator for much of the show.
- To play citizens of New Rochelle and Harlem; Coalhouse supporters; reporters, and various other supporting roles.