Following is a list of roles available for the Croswell’s production of West Side Story in Concert. Auditions are in late February and early March, and Mamma Mia, She Loves Me and Barnum will audition at the same time. For complete audition information, click here.
- Maria: A hopeless romantic and innocent young girl. She falls in love with Tony and finds herself at the center of the violent conflict between the two gangs. Bernardo’s sister. Puerto Rican. Vocal range: B-flat 3 to C6.
- Anita: Feisty and assertive. She dispenses “older sister” advice to Maria and tries to shield her from the dangers of the gangs. Bernardo’s girlfriend and Maria’s friend. Puerto Rican. Vocal range: F3 to D5.
- The role of Tony has been cast.
- Riff: A spritely, quick-tempered leader. He seeks to eliminate the Sharks and establish his own gang’s dominance. Tony’s best friend, he is eventually murdered by Bernardo. Vocal range: B-flat 2 to G4.
- Bernardo: A proud, strong, handsome Puerto Rican man. Bernardo seeks to carve out territory as a sense of identity for he and his friends. Maria’s brother and Anita’s boyfriend. Leader of the Sharks. Vocal range: B-flat 2 to E-flat 4.
- Ensemble roles available for women and men, all vocal ranges.