Winter 2017 events
Friday, April 21 at 7:30 p.m.: Arts Midwest World Fest presents Le Vent du Nord. Discover a driving force in progressive folk. Le Vent du Nord captures the energy and mirth of a Saturday night kitchen party, infusing old Québec with a breath of fresh, cosmopolitan air. Since its founding in 2002, Le Vent du Nord has won critical acclaim and audience adoration across Europe and North America. (This concert will take place at Madison High School, 3498 Treat Highway.)
Grand Reopening Concert Series
The Croswell is pleased to announce our Grand Reopening Concert Series in May 2017!
Saturday, May 6 at 8 p.m.: Under the Streetlamp — Rockin’ Around the Clock. Retro has never sounded so now! Under the Streetlamp is America’s hottest new vocal group, delivering an electrifying evening of classic hits from the American radio songbook. These four magnetic vocalists — including Adrian native Shonn Wiley — bring their unique blend of tight harmonies and slick dance moves to some of rock ’n’ roll’s greatest hits from the Drifters, the Beach Boys, the Four Seasons, and more. (This will also be the Croswell’s Grand Reopening Celebration! Tickets for the postshow gala to celebrate our reopening may be purchased separately.)
Sunday, May 14 at 2:30 p.m.: The Best of Broadway. Join some of your favorite Croswell stars for a rousing tribute to musical theater’s greatest hits. Veteran actors Michael Lackey (from the Broadway and Las Vegas productions of Phantom of the Opera), Erica Wyman and Nolan Hines will reunite for an unforgettable afternoon of Broadway classics … from Cole Porter to Andrew Lloyd Webber, from Stephen Sondheim to Stephen Schwartz, and everything in between!
Saturday, May 20 at 8 p.m.: Jukebox Legends. A night of rock ’n’ roll featuring the music of Motown and beyond … Michael Jackson, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross and the Supremes, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, and more. Jukebox Legends features Toledo-born singer-songwriter Tatiana Owens and longtime Croswell favorite Eric Parker, along with several of the area’s hottest up-and-coming talents.
2017 Broadway Season
June 10-25: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. The first musical in our 2017 Broadway Season is a family-friendly adventure that everyone can enjoy! Based on the beloved children’s book and 1968 film of the same name, and featuring an unforgettable score by the Sherman Brothers (the duo behind Mary Poppins), this show is sure to leave you smiling. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang will run for three weekends!
- Sunday, June 11 at 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 16 at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, June 17 at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, June 18 at 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 23 at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, June 24 at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, June 25 at 2:30 p.m.
July 14-23: In the Heights. Written by Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda, this Tony Award-winning musical tells the universal story of a vibrant community in New York’s Washington Heights neighborhood — a place where the coffee from the corner bodega is light and sweet, the windows are always open and the breeze carries the rhythm of three generations of music. It’s a community on the brink of change, full of hopes, dreams and pressures, where the biggest struggles can be deciding which traditions you take with you, and which ones you leave behind.
- Friday, July 14 at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, July 15 at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, July 16 at 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 21 at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, July 22 at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, July 23 at 2:30 p.m.
August 11-20: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. Turn back the clock to ancient Rome with this fast-paced, laugh-filled farce filled with mistaken identities, slamming doors, ill-fated romances and much more. With music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum is a musical theater classic!
- Friday, August 11 at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, August 12 at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, August 13 at 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 18 at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, August 19 at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, August 20 at 2:30 p.m.
September 22 to October 1: Beauty and the Beast. This classic story returns to the Croswell stage in what’s sure to be a spectacular production! Beauty and the Beast ran for over 13 years on Broadway and was nominated for nine Tony Awards. Tickets are sure to go quickly!
- Friday, September 22 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, September 23 at 2:30 and 7:30 p.m. (2:30 p.m. show is a sensory-friendly production)
- Sunday, September 24 at 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, September 29 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, September 30 at 2:30 p.m. or 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 1 at 2:30 p.m.
October 13-22: The Family Digs. The world premiere of a brand-new work by Michigan playwright Terry Hissong.
- Friday, October 13 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 14 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 14 at 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 20 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 21 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 22 at 2:30 p.m.
November 25 to December 3: Meet Me in St. Louis. Based on the MGM film of the same name, this is the heartwarming story of a turn-of-the-century American family anticipating the wonders of the 1904 World’s Fair.
- Saturday, November 25 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, November 26 at 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, December 1 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 2 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 3 at 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 9 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 10 at 2:30 p.m.