About the show
Based on the book by Roald Dahl, Matilda is the story of an extraordinary girl who dares to change her own destiny. The Croswell is proud to be the first community theater in our region to stage this unforgettable show!
- Director: Julianne Dolan
- Choreographer: Sarah Nowak
- Music Director: Wynne Marsh / Jonathan Sills
- Sunday, March 24, from 4-7 p.m. (children under 12 only)
- Monday, March 25, from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. (all ages)
- Saturday, March 30, from 1-4 p.m. (all ages)
Matilda will be performed the weekends of September 20-22 and 26-29 (note: Thursday evening performance on the final weekend). The rehearsal commitment will be approximately six weeks.
Ages needed: Youth and adult roles, youth and adult ensemble.
- Matilda Wormwood: An imaginative girl who is clever and wise far beyond her years. She has a thirst for learning that cannot be quenched. Female, to play 6-10, vocal range A3-D5.
- Miss Agatha Trunchbull: The tyrannical headmistress at Matilda’s school who despises children. Heightened British RP accent. Both/either gender, to play 33-55, vocal range A2-G4.
- Miss Honey: Matilda’s kindhearted teacher. She is tired of living in fear under Miss Trunchbull. British RP accent. Female, to play 25-40, vocal range F3-D5.
- Mr. Wormwood: Matilda’s uncaring father. A slimy, greedy used-car salesman. Essex/Estuary/East London English accent. Male, to play 35-45, vocal range D3-A4.
- Mrs. Wormwood: Matilda’s self-absorbed, negligent mother and an amateur ballroom dancer. Essex/Estuary/East London English accent. Strong mover/dancer. Female, to play 35-45, vocal range A3-F5.
- Michael Wormwood: Matilda’s older brother. He is not very bright and favored by their parents. Essex/Estuary/East London English accent. Male, to play 10-15.
- Bruce Bogtrotter: Matilda’s classmate. He is subject to extreme punishment by Miss Trunchbull. Male, to play 7-14, vocal range C4-E5.
- Lavender: Matilda’s classmate and friend. Female, to play 7-10.
- Mrs. Phelps: A nice librarian. Female, to play 25-45.
- Sergei: Russian Mafia Boss who is physically intimidating.
- Rudolpho: Mrs Wormwood’s dance partner. Should be genuinely fit and athletic. Should have a flare for character comedy. Strong dance role.