Auditions for Elf will take place on:
- Sunday, August 18 from 6-9 p.m.
- Saturday, August 24 from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (Note: Auditions for Rock of Ages will also be taking place on this day.)
- Buddy: Born a human but raised at the North Pole as a Christmas Elf, Buddy is eager to find his place in the world. He is a child at heart and that child-like curiosity makes him both endearing and gets him into trouble. (Vocal range: Ab2 to C5)
- Jovie: Buddy’s girlfriend. She works at Macy’s and has a bit of a cynical outlook on life and love because of the men she’s dated. She is caught off guard by Buddy’s genuinely big heart. (Vocal range: G3 to D5)
- Walter: Buddy’s workaholic father. He is a children’s book writer, but lacks any of the childlike spirit that Buddy has. He is selfish, tense, and generally angry with life. (Vocal range: A2 to G4)
- Emily: Walter’s wife. Though she is sweet and willing to take him in, she thinks Buddy is crazy at first. Wishes her husband would spend more time with the family. (Vocal range: F3 to Eb5)
- Michael: Buddy’s stepbrother who is excited to have a new friend and brother. Unlike his mother, he doesn’t take much convincing to have Christmas spirit, but like his mother, he wishes his father would spend more time with the family. Age 8-12. (Vocal range: F3 to G5)
- Deb: Walter’s secretary. Takes an instant liking to Buddy simply for the novelty of it. Though she aims to please and is a bit of a suck-up, she feels under appreciated. (Vocal range: D4 to Eb5)
- Manager: A heavy-set manager at Macy’s. He is a good, friendly guy just trying to do his job and get by. (Vocal range: B2 to F#4)
- Greenway: Walter’s boss. He is what Walter will become if he continues down the path he is on. A tyrannical, workaholic who cares nothing about the people around him or who work for him.
- Santa: Just another workingman. Loves his job and Christmas, but also likes to kick-back and watch the game when a rare opportunity arises. A natural storyteller. (Vocal range: A2 to E4)
- Chadwick: One of Walter’s right-hand men. He is desperate to keep his job, and perhaps the dumber of the two.
- Matthews: One of Walter’s right-hand men. He is desperate to keep his job and is the schemer of the two.
- Director: Debra Ross Calabrese
- Music Director: Wynne Marsh
Buddy, a young orphan, mistakenly crawls into Santa’s bag of gifts and is transported to the North Pole. The would-be elf is raised, unaware that he is actually a human, until his enormous size and poor toy-making abilities cause him to face the truth. With Santa’s permission, Buddy embarks on a journey to New York City to find his birth father and discover his true identity. Faced with the harsh realities that his father is on the naughty list and his half-brother doesn’t even believe in Santa, Buddy is determined to win over his new family and help New York remember the true meaning of Christmas.