Rock of Ages takes you back to the times of big bands with big egos playing big guitar solos and sporting even bigger hair! This Tony Award-nominated Broadway musical features the hits of bands including Night Ranger, REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister, and others.
It’s the tail end of the big, bad 1980s in Hollywood, and the party has been raging hard. Aqua Net, Lycra, lace, and liquor flow freely at one of the Sunset Strips last legendary venues, a place where sex machine Stacee Jaxx takes the stage and scantily clad groupies line up to turn their fantasies into reality. Amidst the madness, aspiring rock star (and resident toilet cleaner) Drew longs to take the stage as the next big thing (and longs for small-town girl Sherri, fresh off the bus from Kansas with stars in her eyes). But the rock and roll fairy-tale is about to end when German developers sweep into town with plans to turn the fabled Strip into just another capitalist strip mall. Can Drew, Sherri, and the gang save the strip–and themselves–before it’s too late? Only the music of hit bands Styx, Journey, Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, and more hold the answer.Buy tickets
Dates and times
- Friday, October 18 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 19 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 20 at 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 25 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 26 at 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 26 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 27 at 2:30 p.m.
- Premium: $40
- Tier A: $30
- Tier B: $20
- Students/Youth under 18: $15
For group pricing, please contact the Croswell at (517) 263-6868.
- Director: Mark DiPietro
- Music Director: Dave Rains
- Age recommendation: Rock of Ages is appropriate for ages 12 and up (contains mild adult themes).
- Run time: Approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes, including intermission.
In the news
- ‘Rock of Ages’ coming to the Croswell this fall
(The Daily Telegram)