The thrilling, final collaboration by musical theatre greats, John Kander and Fred Ebb, The Scottsboro Boys has been hailed as one of the most visionary pieces ever to grace the Broadway stage. Nominated for twelve Tony Awards, The Scottsboro Boys confronts an infamous event in the history of the American criminal justice system.
In 1931, nine black men were ripped from a train in Alabama and accused of rape by two white women. Hauled to jail without a shred of actual evidence against them, The Scottsboro Boys were rushed through trial procedures, found guilty and sentenced to death. What occurred in the years following the trials was a harrowing tale of bravery and strength in the face of great adversity.
The Scottsboro Boys is haunting and courageous, grappling with tough themes that still affect our society. With its brilliant stew of performance styles and piercing new songs, it is truly a triumph of the American Musical Theatre.Buy tickets
Dates and times
- Friday, July 10 at 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 11 at 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, July 12 at 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 16 at 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, July 17 at 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 18 at 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, July 19 at 2:30 p.m.
- Premium: $40 Adult / $25 Youth
- Tier A: $30 Adult / $20 Youth
- Tier B: $20 Adult / $15 Youth
For group pricing, please contact the Croswell at (517) 263-6868.
- Director & Choreographer: Domonique Glover
- Music Director: Kevin Foster
- Asst. Director: Emily Hribar
Auditions for The Scottsboro Boys (along with Footloose and Kinky Boots) will take place on:
- Saturday, February 22 from 12 to 2 p.m.
- Monday, February 24 from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, February 29 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Age recommendation: The Scottsboro Boys is appropriate for adults and mature teens.
- Run time: Approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes, including intermission.