Holiday Inn and The Little Mermaid
Auditions dates for Holiday Inn and The Little Mermaid are still being determined. Please check back on this page or sign up for our auditions mailing list for updates. (Please note that original dates of April 18, 20, and 25 are currently cancelled.)
General audition information
What to Bring/Prepare
- If you are auditioning for a musical, be prepared to sing a song —please bring sheet music for the pianist, no CDs. The song choice is up to you; although it can be helpful to sing something in the style of the show you’re auditioning for, the most important thing is to prepare a piece you feel comfortable with. If you get cut off after 16 or 32 bars, don’t worry — it’s normal for that to happen in auditions and does not mean you won’t get a callback or be in the show.
- For musicals, be prepared to dance — wear or bring shoes you can dance in, with loose, comfortable clothing.
- Those with a headshot and/or resume are welcome to bring copies along, but it is not required.
- Most Croswell shows rehearse for about six to eight weeks, on weekday evenings and weekends.
- You will be asked to list any conflicts on your audition form; generally, there can be no missed rehearsals in the two weeks leading up to opening night.
- Appointments are not required. You can expect to be at auditions for at least an hour, likely two.
- The Croswell’s artistic team is committed to flexible, imaginative casting. Performers of all backgrounds, gender identities & expressions, and ethnicities are encouraged to participate. Reasonable accommodations will be made for anyone with special needs.
- The Croswell is a community theater, therefore performance opportunities are volunteer positions (non-paid); however, guest artist contracts are occasionally available.
For more information about auditions (or if you are unable to attend any audition dates and would like to inquire about additional arrangements), contact Abby Dotz by calling 517-263-6868 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have more questions? This blog post might answer some of them.
All Croswell productions are cast locally with open auditions. If you would like to receive notices about upcoming auditions, please sign up for our auditions mailing list.