General audition information
- Most Croswell shows rehearse for about six weeks. You will be asked to list any conflicts on your audition form.
- If you are auditioning for a musical, be prepared to sing a song — bring sheet music for the pianist, no CDs. The song choice is up to you; although it can be helpful to sing something in the style of the show you’re auditioning for, the most important thing is to prepare a piece you feel comfortable with. If you get cut off after 16 or 32 bars, don’t worry — it’s normal for that to happen in auditions and does not mean you won’t get a callback or be in the show.
- For musicals, be prepared to dance — wear or bring shoes you can dance in, with loose, comfortable clothing.
- Appointments are not required. You can expect to be at auditions for at least an hour, possibly two.
- The Croswell’s artistic team is committed to flexible, imaginative casting. Performers of all backgrounds and ethnicities are encouraged to participate. Reasonable accommodations will be made for anyone with special needs.
- Please note that all of our performance opportunities are volunteer positions, unless otherwise noted.
- For more information about auditions, contact call 517-263-6868 or email email@example.com.
Have more questions? This blog post might answer some of them.
All Croswell productions are cast locally with open auditions. If you would like to receive notices about upcoming auditions, please sign up for our auditions mailing list.