All Croswell plays and musicals are cast locally, with open auditions.
Captain of the Crossing Guards
For Captain of the Crossing Guards, a children’s musical, we are seeking adults and teenage actors to play elementary-aged students.
- Saturday, January 25 from noon to 2 p.m.
- Monday, January 27 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
The roles are:
- Monica: Best Crossing Guard Captain ever. Must select the next Crossing Guard Captain. She’s legendary.
- Mr. Roosevelt: Wise and magical bus driver. He is the adult all the children turn to.
- The Twins, Bradley and Jennifer: They both know what they want to be when they grow up. Bradley wants to be an anchor man on the evening news, Jennifer wants to be a dancer.
- Amanda: Feminist/Activist/Ecologist.
- Juan: A rapper and very dramatic.
- Sparky: Labradoodle and the obvious best choice for Crossing Guard Captain.
- Rosealee: Very clumsy, very encouraging to the youngest children in the school.
- Richard the Road Sign Guy: Frustrated retired sign painter. His hearing isn’t so good.
- Mrs. Bentley: Positive, upbeat school principal.
- Two Sound Effects Guys: In charge of all sound effects, props, etc.
- Old Monica: Who Monica becomes if she decides to stay Captain of the Crossing Guards forever.
Rehearsals begin February 10. Regular performance dates will be March 20 and 21; there will be daytime performances on March 17 and 18. The director is John MacNaughton and the music director is Wynne Marsh. Click here for more information about the show.
Every Brilliant Thing
This one-person show is directed by John MacNaughton. We are looking for a man or woman, age early 20s to 50s. Playful, humorous, improvs with audience.
Auditions will take place on:
- Saturday, February 8 from noon to 2 p.m.
- Monday, February 10 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Rehearsals will begin March 16. Performances are April 10-11 and April 17-19. Click here for more information about the show.
Footloose, Kinky Boots and The Scottsboro Boys
Auditions for Footloose, Kinky Boots and The Scottsboro Boys will take place on:
- Saturday, February 22 from noon to 2 p.m.
- Monday, February 24 from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, February 29 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Holiday Inn and The Little Mermaid
Auditions for Holiday Inn and The Little Mermaid will take place on:
- Saturday, April 18, from noon to 2 p.m.
- Monday, April 20, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 25, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
If you would like to receive notices about upcoming auditions, please sign up for our auditions mailing list.
General audition information
- Most Croswell shows rehearse for about six weeks. You will be asked to list any conflicts on your audition form.
- If you are auditioning for a musical, be prepared to sing a song — bring sheet music for the pianist, no CDs. The song choice is up to you; although it can be helpful to sing something in the style of the show you’re auditioning for, the most important thing is to prepare a piece you feel comfortable with. If you get cut off after 16 or 32 bars, don’t worry — it’s normal for that to happen in auditions and does not mean you won’t get a callback or be in the show.
- For musicals, be prepared to dance — wear or bring shoes you can dance in, with loose, comfortable clothing.
- Appointments are not required. You can expect to be at auditions for at least an hour, possibly two.
- The Croswell’s artistic team is committed to flexible, imaginative casting. Performers of all backgrounds and ethnicities are encouraged to participate. Reasonable accommodations will be made for anyone with special needs.
- Please note that all of our performance opportunities are volunteer positions, unless otherwise noted.
- For more information about auditions, contact call 517-263-6868 or email email@example.com.
Have more questions? This blog post might answer some of them.
All Croswell productions are cast locally with open auditions. If you would like to receive notices about upcoming auditions, please sign up for our auditions mailing list.