Auditions for Next to Normal
Auditions for Next to Normal will take place on:
- Saturday, August 18, from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Monday, August 27, from 6-8:30 p.m.
Callbacks will be scheduled if needed.
About the show
Centering around a mother coping with bipolar disorder, this critically acclaimed rock musical explores the life of a modern American family with love, empathy and heart. Next to Normal is one of the only musicals to have ever won a Pulitzer Prize for drama.
The creative team is:
- Director: Doug Miller
- Music Director: Dave Rains
Rehearsal commitment: Beginning approximately September 10.
Performance dates: October 19-28.
- Next to Normal does not require a dance audition.
General audition information
- Most Croswell shows rehearse for about six weeks. You will be asked to list any conflicts on your audition form.
- If you are auditioning for a musical, be prepared to sing a song — bring sheet music for the pianist, no CDs. The song choice is up to you; although it can be helpful to sing something in the style of the show you’re auditioning for, the most important thing is to prepare a piece you feel comfortable with. If you get cut off after 16 or 32 bars, don’t worry — it’s normal for that to happen in auditions and does not mean you won’t get a callback or be in the show.
- For musicals, be prepared to dance — wear or bring shoes you can dance in, with loose, comfortable clothing. Next to Normal does not require a dance audition.
- You can expect to be at auditions for at least an hour, possibly two.
- The Croswell’s artistic team is committed to flexible, imaginative casting. Performers of all backgrounds and ethnicities are encouraged to participate. Reasonable accommodations will be made for anyone with special needs.
- For more information about auditions, call 517-263-6868 or email email@example.com.
Have more questions? This blog post might answer some of them.
Can’t make it to auditions? Although attending in person is preferred, if you are unable to make any of the audition times, please email John MacNaughton at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about setting up a video audition.
All Croswell productions are cast locally with open auditions. If you would like to receive notices about upcoming auditions, please sign up for our auditions mailing list.