Auditions for The Music Man, Violet, Sister Act and Matilda
Open auditions for The Music Man, Violet, Sister Act and Matilda will take place on:
- Sunday, March 24, from 4-7 p.m. (children 12 and under only)
- Monday, March 25, from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. (all ages welcome)
- Saturday, March 30, from 1-4 p.m. (all ages welcome)
The Music Man will be performed from June 7-23, Violet from July 12-21, Sister Act from August 9-18, and Matilda from September 20-29.
Please note that all of our performance opportunities are volunteer positions. Appointments are not required, but please plan on being at the Croswell for an hour or two.
General audition information
- Most Croswell shows rehearse for about six weeks. You will be asked to list any conflicts on your audition form.
- If you are auditioning for a musical, be prepared to sing a song — bring sheet music for the pianist, no CDs. The song choice is up to you; although it can be helpful to sing something in the style of the show you’re auditioning for, the most important thing is to prepare a piece you feel comfortable with. If you get cut off after 16 or 32 bars, don’t worry — it’s normal for that to happen in auditions and does not mean you won’t get a callback or be in the show.
- For musicals, be prepared to dance — wear or bring shoes you can dance in, with loose, comfortable clothing.
- You can expect to be at auditions for at least an hour, possibly two.
- The Croswell’s artistic team is committed to flexible, imaginative casting. Performers of all backgrounds and ethnicities are encouraged to participate. Reasonable accommodations will be made for anyone with special needs.
- For more information about auditions, contact call 517-263-6868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have more questions? This blog post might answer some of them.
Can’t make it to auditions? Although attending in person is preferred, if you are unable to make any of the audition times, please email Abby Dotz at email@example.com for information about setting up a video audition.
All Croswell productions are cast locally with open auditions. If you would like to receive notices about upcoming auditions, please sign up for our auditions mailing list.