Set in the Kit-Kat Club in prewar Germany, this Kander & Ebb musical juxtaposes the rise of the Nazis against the seedy nightlife of early 1930s Berlin.
With the Emcee’s bawdy songs as wry commentary, Cabaret explores the dark, heady, and tumultuous life of Berlin’s natives and expatriates as Germany slowly yields to the emerging Third Reich. Cliff, a young American writer newly arrived in Berlin, is immediately taken by English singer Sally Bowles. Meanwhile, Fräulein Schneider, proprietor of Cliff and Sally’s boarding house, tentatively begins a romance with Herr Schultz, a mild-mannered fruit seller who happens to be Jewish. Based on John Van Druten’s play I Am A Camera and Christopher Isherwood’s novel Goodbye to Berlin, Cabaret is filled with familiar musical numbers including “Willkommen,” “Cabaret,” “Don’t Tell Mama” and “Two Ladies.”
Tickets go on sale February 7th.Buy tickets
Dates and times
- Friday, October 16 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 17 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 18 at 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 22 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 23 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 24 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 25 at 2:30 p.m.
- Premium: $40 Adult / $25 Youth
- Tier A: $30 Adult / $20 Youth
- Tier B: $20 Adult / $15 Youth
For group pricing, please contact the Croswell at (517) 263-6868.
- Age recommendation: Cabaret is appropriate for adults and mature teens.
- Run time: Approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes, including intermission.